Photograph shows patrons standing on sidewalks in front of Monteith & Gaudette clothing and dry goods store situated on the south side of Elgin Street, just west of Daniel. Upper storey shows door balcony doors and windows. Man standing in doorway is James Gaudette, proprieter. Two buildings are joined (both known as Gaudette Block). Building on left was built in 1893, building on right was built in 1908.