1. Material regarding the Arnprior Town Hall building: photocopy of clipping from the Arnprior Chronicle, Dec. 14, 1888 [Holiday Number]: “Our New Town Hall — The handsomest public building on the line; a model of beauty and convenience”. Line drawings of the new and old town halls. The old town hall in the “Market Square” area, at the corner of Hugh and Victoria Streets, was destroyed by fire on April 2, 1888. Two fire engines were also destroyed in the fire. The new town hall was designed by Andrew Bell of Almonte. It was built on the “gore lot”, donated by Daniel McLachlin. It was constructed for $11,760 by Robert Fleming. The article also contains biographies and line drawings of municipal officers: R.G. Moles, Dr. James Goldie Cranston, Peter McGonigal, Archibald J. Campbell, John Tierney. There is also a clipping from the Chronicle of March 12, 1964 of an article by Bernie Bedore, largely based on the above.
2. Material (including lists) concerning council members, reeves and mayors, municipal election “appreciation notices”, ads, etc.
3. Obituary notice for George Manning Johnson (Mayor Johnson, Mayor George M. Johnson), who died in Almonte on June 4, 2001, at age 81. He was born in Saskatchewan. He served in Worlds War II. He moved to Arnprior to work for M. Sullivan & Son Construction (Vice Chairman). He served first as councillor, then mayor of Arnprior. Article about him in the Chronicle of June 13, 2001.
See: Chronicle articles and pictures, Jan. 16, 1964, page 1 regarding the removal of the tower from the town hall.
See: Chronicle, July 3, 1985: town hall bell and its theft.