Fonds contains b&w photograph (and enlargement) of the Norvic Ferry as it is coming in to shore. Unidentified passengers, crew and automobile are on deck. It operated between the Norway Bay wharf on the Quebec side of the Ottawa River to Sand Point in Ontario. An undated article originally published in the Shawville Equity newspaper by Pat Schoular gives a comprehensive history of the ferry that operated on the Ottawa River for 45 years. It was named by Captain Gamble in 1922 after Norway Bay and the first three letters of Vickers, the boat builders. It was shipped to Sand Point by railway from Montreal and assembled before its maiden voyage in July 1923. It was sold to Mr. William Teron and recommissioned as a private, luxury boat called the Norvic 1 and launched in October 1989.