In this Series, the Museum collected records related to the Arnprior and District High School, the Arnprior Public Schools as well as miscellaneous invoices to the Renfrew County Board of Education.;
Subseries: Arnprior and District High School. -- 1881-1976. -- 70.2 cm of textual records, 1 photo, and 2 crests.;
Arnprior and District High School (ADHS) traces its roots back to 1864-1865, when Dugald C. McNab, Principal of the Arnprior Public School, coached a few of his older students; the school was then called the Arnprior Grammar School; in 1871, its name changed to the Arnprior High School. James Muir was the first Headmaster. In 1950, the ADHS was formed.
Subseries consists of such records as the following: 308 daily attendance registers (1881-1940), arranged chronologically and stored in physically locations F0.3 through F1.3 ; 2 crests; commencement programs; Programme for the Official Opening of ADHS (new addition) November 21 1952 which contains a short history; clippings on school expansion, graduation, open house and fire; A Short History of the Arnprior High School (1865-1922) by A.H.D. Ross; 1926 School Laws; Index to General Register (1894-1922); entrance exam; floor plans (1967); list of teachers (1862-1880); certificates (for Gertrude Fulton, Fran Graham (oversized item Map Cabinet 1 Drawer 8) and Annie Graham (oversized item Map Cabinet 1, Drawer 6) from Queen’s University, 1917; and School Census book of all children between the ages of 5 and 18 in Arnprior for 1941, 1942, 1943 and 1944 assessed by Alex Reid .
Arnprior and District Museum collection F1.5;
Subseries: Elementary Schools. -- 1878, 1883, ca. 1900, 1919, 1923, 1966, 1968. -- 2.5 cm of textual records and 2 photos.;
Subseries consists of records on areas such as a Canadian history exam (Middle School, 1933), the official opening of the McNab Public School (1968), a school book called Canada, Our Country (Primary Grades, Towards Democracy Subseries), 2 b&w photos of New Public School class (Miss Adams, teacher); clippings about the dedication of the public school (1878, 1883, 1919, 1923, 1966) later known as Walter Zadow Public School.
Miscellaneous Documents -- 1895; 19090. -- 0.3 cm of textual records
Series consists of invoices issued to the Board for school supplies; diploma issued to Eva Halladay - (Map Cabinet 1 Drawer 6) by the International Sunday School Association.