Ron Lyon, a family history researcher from Smiths Falls, ON donated this material in 2014. His mother's father was Robert Neill.
Arnprior Fire Dept. photograph taken circa 1912 on the steps of the Town Hall was from the estate of Walter and Martha Lyon via Mrs. Hazel Schnob of Arnprior.
Scope and Content
Fonds consists of three files of material related to the families of John Bond Lyon, John "Bailiff" Lyon, and James Neill of Arnprior.
File 1 consists of three items from the estate of Walter and Martha Boese Lyon.
1. Copy of a photograph showing James Neill and Mary (Lynch) Neill possibly taken at the funeral of Mary Neill 12 May 1912. Photo shows in back row: Dan, Jessie, Robert, Albert, Cora and William Neill. Front row: Francis (Frank), Annie, Jack (John), Maude.
2. Copy of wedding photo dated Nov 6 1907 by Arnprior Art Studio showing Antonie Olm, S. R. Ritchie, Walter Lyon and Martha Lyon
3. Arnprior Fire Dept. photograph taken circa 1923 on the steps of the Town Hall from the estate of Walter and Martha Lyon. See item level description.
File 2 contains John Lyon material: John Lyon married Mary Cato March 31 1852. His second marriage to Elizabeth Lillie was 19 Oct 1887.
1. Copy of a photograph from Wallis Studio of Arnprior showing portrait of the John Lyon family. John "Bailiff" Lyon with wife Elizabeth Lilly, son Clarence Duncan Lyon (b. 1889) and daughter Lilly Lyon.
2. Copy of photograph showing a group of Highland Dancers with John "Bailiff" Lyon and first wife Mary Catto.
Family history compiled by Ron and Tina Lyon about John Bond Lyon of Arnprior 1860-1929. He was the sixth son of Robinson Lyon and Flora McMillan Lyon who served with the North West Mounted Police in 1877/1878 and served in World War I.
There are several different Lyon families from Arnprior. The 1891 Census of Arnprior shows a John Lyon age 62, his wife second Jane (nee Lillie) age 38, sons George age 24 and Clarence age 3 and daughters Susan age 20 and Jessie age 17. A George Lyon age 31 was also living with this household. A Flora Lyon age 64 was a widowed mother-in-law also living with the family.