Photograph found on Page 34 of Book 1 of the Braeside WI Tweedsmuirs. The exterior was clad in cedar. This store was the first in Braeside, built by Thomas Stark on the John Gillies property in 1872. It was remodelled into a hotel and later a double house. In 1900 it was moved to the top of the hill opposite the steps up Janet street. As of the 1940's this house was owned by Col. John A. Gillies, grandson of John Gillies.