Located originally on land owned by James Stewart and later on land owned by Alexander McLean, McNab School Section No. 7 (Dewar’s Settlement) was built in 1852 and later transferred to McNab Public School in 1967. It was also known as the Red School as a result of it being covered with brick siding.
Donated by Mrs. Alda Chapman of Arnprior in May 1999.
Scope and Content
Collection consists of one black and white photo of unidentified students standing beside the school.
See also: Dewar's Women's Institute Records, Accession #1995-0053