The White Lake Community Cemetery was originally established as a Presbyterian Cemetery (later United Church) but as its name indicates it is now a Community Cemetery for all denominations. It is located in the Township of McNab/Braeside at Concession 3, Lot 10. According to the records, the first burial was of Elizabeth Hill (1791-1823). The White Lake Cemetery held the 1st decoration service in 1921 with Reverend McNaught presiding.
Production of this index was undertaken by the Arnprior and District Archives (later Arnprior & McNab/Braeside Archives), led by Philip N. Durett and finished, June 2000. It was based on an original index preapred by Olga Lewis and Cecil Lews in 1995, which was divided into sections and not listed alphabetically.
Scope and Content
The White Lake Cemetery amalgamated index is an alphabetical list for each name recorded in the cemetery's records and gravemarkers. In addition to the names, it includes the section of the cemetery in which the grave is located followed by the plot number of the grave and the number of the entry in the original 1995 index listing.
The document is searchable. Search Last Name First name and do not include commas in your search.
2009-0238 White Lake Community Cemetery Committee fonds