In July 2000, Elizabeth LaPierre donated three fire insurance documents belonging to the McConnell family to the Arnprior & District Archives. In 2005, she donated other items related to the McConnell family and other items.
Scope and Content
Fonds consists of 6 items belonging to various members of the McConnell family of Fitzroy Harbour and 3 items relating to Joseph Nitz of Arnprior:
1. 1909 London Mutual Fire Insurance policy to Henry McConnell
2. 1912 London Mutual Fire Insurance policy to Miss Matilda McConnell and Miss Rebecca McConnell.
3. 1915 London Mutual Fire Insurance policy to Miss Matilda McConnell and Mrs. Rebecca Neitz.
4. Flyer for Postal Booth at Ottawa Exhibition of 1923
5. Invoice to Ernest Nitz of Arnprior from Ruddy Manufacturing Co. for Beekeeping Supplies.
6. In Memoriam for Melisema McConnell, Robert and John McConnell.
7. Photograph of McLachlin Mill No. 1, Arnprior circa 1890 (copy)
8. 1947 Invoice from Convey Funeral Home for the estate of Joseph E. Nitz.
9. Correspondence from Dept. of Lands, Forests & Mines, Survey Branch to E. Nitz of Haileybury, Ontario dated September 1911.
Included in the file along with the policies is a letter dated 1908 from a London Mutual insurance representative to the agent William McMunn in Almonte who handled McConnell’s policy.