This collection was donated in 2003 by Mark Nibourg, Facilities Manager of the Kenwood Corporate Centre. Items had been stored in Weavex vault since 1950’s.
Scope and Content
Donation consists of the following:
1936 blueprint and specifications for repairs to the Sanitaris Building prepared for Kenwood Mills by architect Cecil Burgess
1936 signed contract between Kenwood Mills and the Dominion Sprinkler Co. of Montreal to supply a dry pipe sprinkler system in the Sanitaris Building.
photocopy of Letters Patent to change the corporate name from Griffith-McNaughton, Limited to Kenwood Mills, Limited dated 1919
2 copies of white prints showing Kenwood Mills residence and surrounding properties on Harrington Street, Arnprior
4 typewritten specification documents from architect Cecil Burgess for Kenwood Mills residences for Painting, Glazing & Carpentry, Plumbing & Heating, Marble Work & Tile, and Metal Work & Roofing.
27 blueprints prepared for Kenwood Mills by architect Cecil Burgess for Harrington Street residences (lots 43, 45, 50 & unnumbered lot) showing various floorplans and elevations dated June 1929 and August 1929.
Lot 50 is for 337 Harrington Street (now owned by R. Pelkey)
Lot 45 is for 326 Harrington Street (now owned by B. Patterson)
Lot 43 is for 301 Harrington Street (now owned by D. Pelkey)
5x7 B&W print (copy) of burnt, Griffith-McNaughton mill
8x10 B&W print (copy) of Griffith-McNaughton mill circa 1915
Colour photographs of these homes may be found in Accession #1998-0094.
See Also: Accession #1993-0005 Arnprior & District Museum Collection