1. Talk to the Historical Society in May 1993 by Stan Tourangeau, former volunteer and fire chief, also local artist. Information about the history of firefighting in Arnprior. Names mentioned: George Ellingsworth, Sam Pritchard, Alec Closs, Phil Green, Don Jock, Bob McNeil, Bill Beattie, Sanitare Building, Brewer’s Warehouse, Versal Cotie, Bill Bullard, Roy Woods, Jack Briscoe, Bill Abraham. Edited and typed by Peter Hessel, with original notes by Tourangeau attached.
2. Clipping of article from Ottawa Citizen, Dec. 28, 1996, with obituary of Stan Tourangeau. Showing his photo and one of his paintings.
3. Clipping of article and photo from Arnprior Chronicle-Guide by Jennifer McNicholl, “Town honours passing of leading citizen Stan Tourangeau”., with photo in museum.
4. Photocopy of article and photo (taken in 1923 by Arnprior Art Studio: R.A. Ramsay) in Arnprior Guide, Feb. 15, 1967 showing the Arnprior fire brigade , with names identified.
5. Two colour greeting cards from paintings by Stan Tourangeau, “Winter Retreat” and “Gillies” (in brown envelope).
6. Photocopies of various articles about fires in Arnprior and McNab from Chronicle -Guide, 1994.
7. Photocopy of article in Arnprior Chronicle, Oct. 27, 1938: “Arson Suspected in Graham Home Fire” (near Stewartville)
8. Photocopy of article in Chronicle Holiday Number 1904: “Arnprior’s First Hook and Ladder Co’y. by John A. MacDonald, Toronto.
9. Photocopy of pages in Leo Lavoie’s “Story of Arnprior” dealing with the history of the Arnprior fire department. Including photos of fire chiefs William Beattie, Stanley Tourangeau and Thomas Burnette.
10. Clipping from Leo Lavoie’s column in the Arnprior Chronicle-Guide, Dec. 8, 1993 about fire chief William Beattie.
11. Photocopy of an article in “White Lake — The Later Years” by Bruce Campbell, “The Fire Department at White Lake”. Photo of volunteers Mike Brearley, Rodney Renwick, David Fraser, Ron Wilson, Donald Fraser, Chris Tremblay, Clint Duff, Brian Fraser and Bruce Fraser, also Lennis Box, Donald Watt, Gordon McLeod. Fire Hall at Waba Creek.
12. Clipping of article in Chronicle of Dec. 29, 2000, entitled “Community steps up to help victims of holiday fire” by Peter DeWolf, regarding a fire at the old Pine Grove School. See also file: Pine Grove School.
13. Clipping of article in Ottawa Journal Saturday, April 26, 1975 by Leo Lavoie about fire on John Street which gutted the Stedmans Variety Store, Laurentian Sporting Goods and McCord Drugs. Police had the suspected arsonist in custody.
14. Photocopy of article from July 27 1888 Chronicle 'A New Fire Company' containing information about Victoria Fire Company and Hook and Ladder Section of the fire brigade.
See also file: Tourangeau, Stan” in Peter Hessel Fonds.