1. Clipping from local paper (1985) under McNab Township Council Notes, subheading: “Float in Salute parade”. Key terms: McNab Township Heritage and Museum Committee, CBO Salute, Salute to the Valley, Murray Yantha.
2. Clipping of photo from Chronicle-Guide, Aug. 21, 1985, showing float. Murray Yantha, standing in kilt (depicting the Laird of McNab), sitting with thrashing flail: Willard Campbell, beside him: Olive Somerville; standing with fiery cross: Bill Mitchell of Waba, sitting below him: Brenda Storie of White Lake.
3. Text of sign carried on the float, regarding the 125th anniversary of the Laird of McNab’s death, and the 160th anniversary of the first McNab settlers.
4. Photocopy of Peter Hessel’s article in the Chronicle-Guide of June 17, 1985, “History without pain” — Part 1 of 2 articles about the forthcoming “Salute”.
5. Photocopy of Peter Hessel’s article in the Chronicle-Guide of June 24, 1985, “Two secret anniversaries” — Part 2 of 2 articles about the forthcoming “Salute”.
6. Handwritten notes by Peter Hessel and photocopy of a dictionary definition of “fiery cross”.
7. Handwritten notes by Peter Hessel with names of people involved in the McNab Heritage and Museum Committee
8. Typewritten checklist by Peter Hessel re the float and Heritage Day.
9. Two Polaroid snapshots of the float. [Note: Peter Hessel has a whole series of colour photos in an album].
10. Blank letterheads and envelope of Township of McNab (issued for the Centennial of 1967).
11. Handwritten letter on McNab stationery by Janet Carmichael to Peter Hessel, dated July 29, 1985, re the float in the parade.
12. Typed letter from the McNab Heritage and Museum Committee, signed by Brenda Storie, to Peter Hessel, dated March 21, 1986, following Peter Hessel’s resignation from the committee.
See also files “Waba Cottage Museum” and “Heritage Days, McNab (1984, 1992)” in Peter Hessel Fond.