1. Handwritten notes (red) by Peter Hessel about the “John Forrest Papers” in the National Archives, PAC finding aid 788, MG 24, I 158.
2. Clipping of obituary of Elizabeth Wallace Forrest nee Holbein, wife of James (Jimmy) Forrest of McNab Township. Elizabeth died on March 29, 1995.
3. Page 58 of McNab — The Township, re John Forrest Sr. at the township meeting of June 3, 1840. He advised not to kill the Laird of McNab and urged peaceful means to settle the dispute.
4. Page 157 of McNab — Blacksmith John Forrest of Burnstown, precentor at the Canaan Church, then at the Burnstown Church.
5. Page 203 of McNab — Blacksmith John Forrest of Burnstown.
6. Page 302 of McNab — John Forrest Sr. - weaver.
7. Obituary of James Gordon Forrest (Jimmy Forrest), born Feb. 15, 1911, died August 4, 2004 in Renfrew. Jimmy and his wife Elizabeth nee Holbein raised a family of 9 children near Glasgow Station.
8. Memorial card for the funeral of James Gordon Forrest (Jimmy Forrest). Colour photo of Jimmy and his wife, taken at their 60th wedding anniversary, which was celebrated at the McNab Public School gym.
9. Program for the funeral service of Jimmy Forrest at Glasgow United Church on August 6, 2004.
7. Photocopy of Renfrew Mercury photo from Aug 1974 showing Lewis Forrest of Glasgow Station (blacksmith) working on a horse.
See also file: “Lime Kilns” in Peter Hessel Fonds
See also file: “Walton Scrapbook”, with a photocopy of a photo of John Forrest, precenter at the Burnstown church, on page 17.