1. Photocopy of a letter to the editor of the Weekly News, by County Clerk S.E. Mitchell, published on March 3, 1906: The Good Roads By-Law. At that time, McNab had 305 miles of roads.
2. Continuation of above.
3. “Konica Color Album” with 15 colour photographs taken by Peter Hessel in October 2003, when the Township of McNab/Braeside extended Algonkin Trail in Waba (actually part of the 5th Concession Line) and built a culvert to provide access to a lot owned by Elizabeth Stewart-Hessel, which previously shared access with the neighbouring property. The blue house (8 Algonkin Trail) was built by the Stewart Brothers, probably in the late 1800s. Between 1989 and 2003, it served as Peter Hessel’s office. He sold the house in October, 2003, to Scott Harvey.
The light-brown house west of the above is 6 Algonkin Trail, owned by Elizabeth Stewart-Hessel and sold in June, 2004. It is of the same vintage and origin as 8 Algonkin Trail. One of these two houses was originally built for the sawyer, the other for the foreman of Stewart Mills in Waba.
The last photo shows the empty room (originally the kitchen) in 10 Algonkin trail that Peter Hessel had his office. Peter Hessel paid the Township $1,258 to build the culvert.