1. Copy of “The Country Connection”, summer/autumn 1995, with a long letter to the editor by Peggy Carswell of Trenton, Ont. re McNab history — containing many factual errors. Information about James McLaren. Also photocopy of the letter to the editor.
2. Copy of letter by Peter Hessel dated August 15, 1995, to Peggy Carswell re the above letter to the editor. Reference to Bernard Shaw and his article in the “Beaver”.
3. Letter from Terris (Terry) C. Howard of Seattle, Washington, dated March 15, 1996, to Peter Hessel, re McLaren genealogical information. References: McCallum, Fisher, Anderson, Wallace ...
4. Letter from Keith and Barbara Lafleur in Denver, Colorado, to Peter Hessel, dated October 27, 1995, re genealogy. Attached: numerous sheets of “family group record” (computer printout) re McLaren family background and relatives (Keith is a Mormon and very interested in detailed genealogical listings).
5. Letter from Ronald McLaren in Whitby, Ontario, dated April 30, 1989, to Peter Hessel, re James McLaren and others. Some references to Peter’s book.
6. Genealogical questionnaire (composed by Peter Hessel) only partly completed by Bessie Stewart nee McLaren re her ancestry.
7. Obituary (Chronicle, May 8, 2002) of Archibald (Archie) Urie McLaren (1910-2002).
8. Book (112 pages) composed by Terry Howard (Terris C. Howard) of Seattle, Wash., entitled “Anderson Families of Invergeldie, Comrie, Perthshire, Scotland and the Fisher, McCallum & Wallace Families.” Purchased and donated by Peter Hessel in May 2003. Many references to the McLaren family, Robertson family, etc. Unfortunately no comprehensive index. Photocopies of photos. Fold-out charts.