1. Photocopy of letter by A.W. Murdoch, Ontario Department of Public Records and Archives, dated April 27, 1966 to Stuart Anderson, Clerk of McNab in reply his inquiry re a “township crest”.
2. Photocopy from an unknown publication showing the McNab (clan) crest and a photo of James Macnab of Macnab at Kinnell House.
3. Photocopy of a clipping from the Arnprior Chronicle, Sep. 13, 1978, “Museum gets coat of arms”, with photo (Dr. James H. Herzog [a NATO colleague of Commander Nettle] and Alex Staye with coat of arms presented by Commander Stanley Archibald Nettle, the Laird’s great-grandson).
4. Photocopy of a sketch of the McNab crest carved by Commander nettle.
5. Photocopy of the above wooden crest itself.
6. Letterhead of the Township of McNab (marked 1867-1967) with names of the Centennial Committee and the “coat of arms”. Note misspelling of motto (Timon instead of Timor).
7. Photocopy of Plate 2 from “McNab — The Township” (coat of arms from Keltie, 1885).
8. Copy of letter by Peter Hessel, dated March 3, 1993, to Commander Nettle re the crest.
9. Letter from Commander Nettle to Peter Hessel, dated March 16, 1993. The copy of the reply from the Lord Lyon was not enclosed.
10. Note (August 31, 1995) by Peter Hessel to ADA archivist Anne Wimmi re the McNab crest.
11. Letter from J.C. Macnab of Macnab (Scotland) to Peter Hessel, dated Feb. 7, 2005, regarding the McNab coat of arms, including an actual-size copy of a seal imprint used by Archibald McNab, cut off the back of an envelope with a note in the handwriting of J.C. Macnab’s great-great uncle, Sir Donald Macnabb KCIE [?], obtained from Miss Yuill in Arnprior in 1881. Seal was similar to the Keltie version reproduced as Plate 2 in “McNab - The Township”. This coat of arms has no helmet.
12. Photocopies of Plate 2 and page 14 in “McNab - The Township”, regarding the McNab coat of arms.
13. Photocopy of letter by PH to Chief J.C. Macnab, dated August 6, 2005, in reply to Item 11 above. Request for donation of the original seal imprint.