1. Photocopy of a “pledge sheet” in the possession of the late Duncan E. Stewart of Waba. Pledges of semi-annual payments by members of the congregation for “a minister’s stipend”, White Lake and Burnstown Presbyterian churches. dated September 26, 1864. 43 names, pledges ranging from 1 to 25 dollars. These churches joined the United Church of Canada in 1925.
2. Photocopy of document similar to item 1, dated November 29, 1886. 73 names, pledges ranging from 1 to 25 dollars.
3. Program for Sunday, November 3, 1929, “Dedication of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, White Lake”. Note: After the White Lake Presbyterian Church had joined the United Church of Canada in 1925, some Presbyterians who did not want union formed their own church. Later, that congregation joined St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Daniel Street in Arnprior, and the building in White Lake became the Women’s Institute Hall. Dedication by Rev. A.G. Cameron (of Ottawa; Moderator of the Ottawa Presbytery), and Rev. Dr. Ross (of Ottawa). Rev. W. McAteer was the local minister.
4. Photocopy of a drawing of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on John Street in Arnprior, from Chronicle, Holiday No. 1904.
5. Clipping of an article in the Arnprior Anniversary Booklet, 1987 on St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on Daniel Street. Alexander Mann, Rev. E.J. Kerr. New church was dedicated in 1928. Rev. Leo Hughes. Photo.
6. Photocopy of an article in Renfrew Advance, July 23, 1964, “Hold 3rd Conventicle Service at Stewartville Church Sunday”. Stewartville Presbyterian Church. Rev. Neil G. Smith. Librarian of Presbyterian College, Montreal (conducting the service). Continues (see item 7)
7. Photocopy of continuation of item 6, entitled “Our Godly Heritage”, with photo.
8. Clipping from newspaper, July 19, 1964, regarding the same Conventicle as that covered in items 6 and 7. “Commemorate McNab Settlers”.
9. Clipping from Renfrew Advance, Jan. 26, 1967, article entitled “Into a good land”, regarding the “McNab Township Interfaith Centennial Service” in White Lake. Dr. Neil G. Smith (see items 6-8).
10. Photocopy of the above article.
11. Handwritten note by Kirstin Jeffrey, June 27, 1989 (research for McNab — The Township). Rev. Bremner (preached last sermon in the frame church, White Lake Presbyterian Church, Christmas Day, 1881). New church opened January 1, 1882. Bell bought from Mindy (or Minely?) Co., West Troy, N.Y. for $400, weighed 414 pounds. Bremner’s salary was $600 a year. First manse. Organ, organist: Miss Hannah Stewart. Rev, Henry G. Steers, Ladies Aid Society, Girls Club, Rev. Duncan McRae (formerly missionary in China). Electric lights (1949). Union Jack flag (1947) presented in memory of L./Cpl. William Andrew Millar, killed in World War II.
There were two different St. Andrew’s Presbyterian churches in White Lake and two different St. Andrew’s Presbyterian churches in Arnprior at different times (before and after “Union”).