1. Handwritten report of the 1939 activities of the Busy Bee Mission Band. Written by Bessie Stewart of Waba. Women’s Missionary Society. Temperance.
2. Photocopy of a short article entitled “Gospel Hall” from the 1987 Arnprior Anniversary Booklet. In 1929, evangelist R.J. Brooks came to Arnprior for about 2 years. He first conducted services in a large tent on McGonigal Street and in homes. The present Gospel Hall was built in 1950 on William Street. Mission work.
3. Six clippings from local papers about the “Jesus Festival” held on the farm of Arden Scheel at Flat Rapids held August 24 to 26, 1973. A disappointing number (1500) attended. An evangelist, Nicky Cruz, some religious rock groups and other entertainers performed.
4. Menu and program for Centennial Banquet, Arnprior, 1862-1962, on July 11, 1961. Reeve Biggs Jack, Mayor Robert Simpson. Introduction by the Commander of the Corvette HMCS Arnprior.
5. Two local newspaper clippings regarding the 10-day “Christian Crusade” in Arnprior starting October 26, 1973. Rev. Leo Hughes, Chairman of the “Crusade Cabinet”.
6. Clipping from a local paper (no date) of photo and article “Anglican Church celebrates 125th anniversary” by Judy Bedore Hulan. Emmanuel Anglican Church. Between 1862 and 1987. Anglican missionaries in Fitzroy Harbour in 1861. First confirmation in 1861, at the Arnprior Public School House. Services in private homes, then in the Loyal Orange Lodge (over the blacksmith’s shop) at the corner of Daniel Street and Rock Lane. Rev. Dr. Schaffranch held services in the German language; marriages of persons born in Prussia. Church and rectory built in 1869 on McLachlin land.
7. Photocopy of article in Arnprior Guide (1967): “Glad Tidings Pentecostal Church”. Photo. 50th anniversary in 1968.
8. Photocopy of photo and short article in Arnprior Anniversary Booklet, 1987: “Glad Tidings Pentecostal Church”. Established in Arnprior in 1918. Present building opened in the fall of 1920. Addition in 1960. Land purchased on Baskin Drive 1977-79 for future expansion.
9. Photocopy of photos and article in Arnprior Guide, 1967. First Baptist Church on Norma Street. Founded by German immigrants in 1869. In 1971, membership was 11. Until 1914 all services conducted in German; use of German completely discontinued in 1940. Present church built in 1872, remodelled in 1926. Rev. J.J. Valkenaar was first resident pastor 1873-79. Before that, itinerant pastors.
10. Photocopy of a diagram showing Crown reserves and clergy reserves in a typical Upper Canada township, from Gerald M. Craig, Upper Canada. The Formative Years, 1784-1841. Toronto 1963.
11. Photocopy of article “The Upper Canadian Religious Tradition” by John S. Moir, in “Profiles of a Province” [no publication data].
12. Photocopy of a very small drawing of the Baptist Church in Arnprior, from the Chronicle Holiday Number, 1904.
13. Program of “Coronation Day Afternoon Service” in Arnprior Municipal Park, June 2, 1953. This was a Protestant service with a “massed choir of the Protestant Churches” directed by J.T. Hodges. Benediction: Rev. D.R. McClean [sic]. Donated by Ritchie Argue of Pakenham in July 2001.
14. 8 pages of photocopied documents obtained from Andriend Schlievert in 2005 about Wesleyan Church on Lot 5 Harrington street, Arnprior. Originally known as Zion Evangelical Church, then Evangelical United Brethren Church. (Removed from file and moved to Subject file in Reading Room under "Wesleyan Methodist Church" 2015).
15. Clipping and photocopy of Chronicle-Guide article about renovation in 2006 to Grace St. Andrew's United Church by Sullivan Construction of Arnprior.
16. Glad Tidings Pentacostal Church Jubilee Booklet (1918 - 1968). Booklet gives a history of the buildings, pastors and membership. The first church was built at a cost of $4000 during 1919 at 63 Victoria Street. This building was expanded in 1960 due to growth of the congregation. The church purchased land on Baskin Drive in the late 1970's and erected a new Glad Tidings Church in 1990. (Donated by Andriend Schlievert, October 2008)
17. Glad Tidings Pentecostal Church 75th Anniversary Booklet (1918 - 1993) and Historical Facts of the Development of Glad Tidings; a summary of major events (Donated by pastor Clark Young, October 17, 2008)
See also files of individual denominations (faiths) and individual churches (i.e. names of churches/communities).