1. Photocopy of an article in a local paper, “Historical support for street names”. Explanations of some Arnprior street names. Written by John McGonigal. James Havey came from Sligo, Ireland in 1835. Hugh McGonigal, John McGonigal, William McGonigal (3 brothers) “settled here in 1812”.
2. Photocopy of letter by Peter Hessel to Anne Carmichael, Counsellor, Township of McNab, dated August 24, 1995 regarding street names. Peter Hessel suggested the name Highland Road for County Road 23 from Robertson’s Corners to the Lanark County Line, and the name Algonkin Trail in Waba. Attached: sketch and a 5-page list of historical names in the township for continued consideration in naming streets. Just a few of the suggestions were taken into account when all roads and streets in the township were named.
3. Colour photo of road signs, taken by Peter Hessel when the new road signs were set up in Waba, June 1998.
4. List of miscellaneous place names in McNab Township from “McNab — The Township”, with handwritten notes by Peter Hessel.
5. Clipping of an article in the Citizen, Nov. 17, 1990, “What’s in a street name?” by Janice Kennedy (about Ottawa street names, but also the principle of naming streets after historical events, persons, etc.).