Donated by Ms. Connie Griffin of Ottawa who found these plans in a house she purchased on Ruskin Avenue.
Scope and Content
Collection consists of 8 houseplans for a house for John Gillies (b. 1882 - 1937) of Braeside. Photographic records reveal that the house he actually built was different than these plans. The John Gillies house was torn down around 1950 and replaced with another at the corner of the Pem-Ott Rd. and County Rd.# 1 where Col. John Gillies lived. The plans include various floors, elevations and details. The interior, first floor plan is missing from the set. The name of the architect appears to have been cut off the plan, but from other sources it appears that the architect was Geo. F. Barker.
List of Items:
Item 1 Elevation of China Closet in Dining Room
Grille Design for Parlor Bay
Item 2 Front and Side Elevation of Staircase for Reception Hall