The congregation started in 1849 as a Free Church of Canada, an off-shoot of the Presbyterian Church. The Burnstown community erected a large log church on the current site near the bridge over the river. Later, the church was clad with wooden siding that was painted white. In 1875 the two Presbyterian factions rejoined and Burnstown’s church became known as St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church.
With a new century approaching, the Burnstown congregation decided to construct a new edifice in 1899. In 1925, the church became part of the United Church of Canada, and retains a congregation to this day.
Photograph by Irene Robillard.