The Loyal Orange Lodge No. 169 in Braeside was established at a meeting held on the 21st of September, 1894. John A. Neil was elected its first Master. By 1907, sufficient interest and funds were raised to erect a hall which officially opened in November 1909. It served as an informal community centre where many people gathered to celebrate social and special events, regardless of religious affiliation. It is now a private residence.