Originally called New Glasgow in 1894, then Glasgow, Glasgow Station and now back to Glasgow, the community has held firmly to the name of the city in Scotland from which many of the first settlers came.
The naming of this hamlet was brought about by the establishment of the Ottawa, Arnprior and Parry Sound Railway line through the Township. Buildings from a nearby settlement called Lundy's Corners were transplanted to the current location. A community hall was built in 1915 and was alternately used as a meeting hall, a church, a sunday school, a township hall and a place for social gatherings.
The hamlet is still inhabited, however it has changed through the years as buildings have been replaced, renovated and demolished.