Prints otained by Muirhead from National Archives of Canada C7530, C7531
Scope and Content
2 photographs of the grounds and lumbering mills of D. McLaughlin [McLachlin] MPP, Arnprior, Ontario. On the first photograph, 'About 1870' is marked. On the back of the first photo, written in pen: "This picture was taken from the Cupola of the Hill, the residence of D. McLachlin, Arnprior Ontario, looking south, about 1870. The white church on the extreme left is the Presbyterian Church. The next bldg: ? The next bldg is 277 John St. N. The next bldg in front of the two pine trees is that of Nathaniel Burwash, now no. 284 John St. N. The building on the extreme right is the Anglican Church. The The bldg second from the extreme right is the Anglican Rectory."