Please, keep items in the order in which they are listed below:
1. Pages from a photo album containing photographs and other material pertaining to research for and the writing of the book, “Destination: Ottawa Valley”, published by Runge Press, Ottawa, in 1984. The book deals with immigration of Germans to the Ottawa Valley before Confederation. Photocopy of a page from “Deutsche Post”, 1916.
2. Photocopy of a map (coloured by Peter Hessel), showing predominantly German townships of Renfrew County in the 1941 Census.
3. Photocopy of a map , showing percentage of German origins in the Town of Pembroke, based on the 1951 Census.
4. Printed form regarding the publication of the book, with overview, contents and order form.
5. Payment advice notices for grant money paid to Peter Hessel for research, from the Multicultural History Society of Ontario.
6. Four letters (1980-81) from the Multicultural History Society of Ontario to Peter Hessel regarding research and publication of the book.
7. Cancelled cheque and payment advice re $100 fee paid by Peter Hessel to Hans Teschke in Germany for the use of 4 photographs in the book.
8. Slip case with black and white negatives for illustrations used in the the book.
9. Slip case with 4 colour negatives for illustrations used in the the book (Pontiac County).
10. Clipping and photocopy, Eganville Leader, April 10, 1985, article and photo by Bernd Krueger, “Destination Ottawa Valley outlines German immigration”.
11. Photocopy of article with pictures from This Week in the Madawaska Valley, Barry’s Bay, January 23. 1985, “Book on German Immigrants”.
12. Photocopy of book review (with photo) from Ottawa Citizen, Feb. 2, 1985, by Christina Thiele, “German settlement part of Valley story”.
13. Photocopy of book review (in German) in Kanada Kurier, Winnipeg, Jan. 24, 1985, by Edith Kuntz. Photos.
14. Photocopy of book review (in English and French), “Ottawa Valley Germans” in Dialogue, Secretary of State, Ottawa, March 1985.
15. Pages from Cultures Canada, 1985, with review of the book in French and English.
16. Photocopy of review in the Pembroke Advertiser News, Jan. 16, 1985, “Destination: explores German settlement, by CB Pappin, with 2 photos.
17. Photocopy of article in Arnprior Guide, Jan. 9, 1985, “New Book on German Settlement in the Ottawa Valley, one photo.
18. Photocopy of article in Ottawa Citizen, April 19, 1985, by Burt Heward, re Citizen literary prize, for which Peter Hessel’s book was nominated. Sandra Gwyn’s book won the award. Also letter of congratulation attached.
19. Typewritten brief column regarding the book, from George Bonavia’s column, “From My Bookshelf”, March 1985.
20. Article (in German) in Kanada Kurier, Winnipeg, Feb. 7, 1985, by Edith Kuntz, regarding a book launch in Ottawa on January 19, 1985, organized by the Business and Professional Association.
21. Copy of article from the Canadian Dictionary of Biography about Philip Vankoughnet, also black and white studio photo. As Minister of Agriculture, he was responsible for immigration when the German and Kashub immigrants came to the Ottawa Valley.
22. Typescript of a speech by Peter Hessel at Earl of March High School on May 22, 1985, “Germans, one of Canada’s Founding Groups”.
23. Letter from Ruhr University in Bochum, Germany, and an attached negative review of Brenda Lee-Whiting’s book, “Harvest of Stones” with a positive reference to Peter Hessel’s book at the end.
24. Photocopy of book review by Peter Hessel of Brenda Lee-Whiting’s book, “Harvest of Stones, in Canadian Geographic, April/May, 1986.
25. Photocopy of photo of Peter Hessel with then Secretary of State for Multiculturalism, Jack B. Murta, who wrote the foreword in Peter’s book. 1984.
25. Photocopy of article (in German) about a tour of German settlements in the upoper Ottawa Valley, organized by the German Auxiliary Society in Ottawa, guided by Peter Hessel.
26. Photocopy of information about Canadian Cataloguing in Publication Data (National Library) for the book.
27. Letter from Ric Swigger of Tara, Ontario, to Peter Hessel, dated June 20, 1995, re questions stemming from the book.
28. Envelope with negatives of photographs (H.T.s for illustrations) in the book.