Rail service to Braeside ran from 1865 to 2009. The first train station at Braeside was located directly across from Gillies Bros. first mill building. It was destroyed by fire in June, 1919. A new station was built at the base of Arthur's Hill, close to the road, which was replaced by a two story building sometime before 1926. It was demolished some time in the 1980’s.