The Baptist Congregation in White Lake was established in the early 1870's. Funds were raised to erect a brick church at the southeast corner of Bellamy Road and the White Lake Road on land donated by John Box. This church was completed in 1880 and seated approximately 250 people. It was located directly opposite the Presbyterian (later United) Church in White Lake. In 1884, a parsonage was built that Rev. Holbin first occupied. Reverend Fred Ashton arrived in April of 1922. Oh June 4 1924, the Church, manse and sheds were destroyed by fire.